Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cedar Mountain for the 4th of July

So we just got back from the Cabin on Cedar Mountain for the 4th...We just love it up there! We meet Aarons Family in Cedar for their festivities then headed to the Pizza Factory for Lunch...Yummy...Riley had a melt down begging for more of Aaron's Diet Coke that we calmly and rationaly took care of by giving him a huge green apple sucker..(Note: that was my first time using the sucker trick....I'm not going to lie to you...it was AWESOME!!!) Then we headed up the mountain....Most of out time spent at the cabin is filled with Eating then Resting, then Eat then rest, eating and resting, reading....you get the point! My Amazing mother-in-law allways has the best meals picked out for us and she is so well prepared...I am amazed at this little lady and the effort she allways put forth for the whole family to have a great time when we get together! Aaron's sister Krissy and one of his brothers John were there too with their families. John took the kids on 3 fishing trips on Saturday and caought like 6 FISH!!! Riley did not partake in the fishing...I was afraid (almost sure) we would be fishing HIM out of Duck Creek!!!! Which brings me to my next thought....Does anyone else feel like locking themselves at home with their 17 month old?? He is Mr. Independent and is really working the tantrum card...Man, he keeps me running!!! And things seem to be harder away from home! All and All he a good baby but just as much of a ring tailed TOOT!
We didn't see a huge firework show just the smaller one that they put on at Duck Creek but it was just perfect...So fun to see all of Riley's first and his eyes light up in amazmazment with a healthy dose of fear at the Fireworks!! Although, I have to say the best Fireworks are in Filmore, Utah...We went there a few years ago...You are so close the ashes are coming down right on top of you...Nothing like a little life threating fiework show...Truly Amazing.
So Pictures of the Mountain trip are to come....I am typing this in bed as we speak and way to Lazy to go get my camera, so hope you all too had a great 4th!!!

2 comments:

Scott and Krista said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time, SUCKERS are amazing for sure! I remember for a while when Kayley and Kamrey were little I had a stash in my purse. I hear you loud and clear about how much easier it is being at your own home! I felt the same way on our trip.

julie and john said...

Sounds like you guys had a great 4th! It seems like I haven't seen you in weeks!! We need to get together soon!!!