Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hard Times?

Okay this is a soap box moment so hold on....It seems like the whole world is disscussing the Hard times we are having with the gas, economy, housing market on and on and on....I just can't help to think back to a book I read not that long ago "The Secret", If you haven't read it I strongly suggest that you DO! It is hard to explain in a nut shell but mostly about the Law of Attraction in our lives and how our primary thoughts control our life's outcomes.
To bring that into my reason for this post, I feel like the country is foucsing so much on the difficulties facing us right now (the negative) that we are forgetting to be So Very Grateful for the gifts and blessings in our life (all the positive things) Therefore we are recieving more HaRd TiMeS because we are expecting them to happen! For me it is simple, I really just want to enjoy my little world and life and try hard not to camplain about the bad! I have a few family members who are having such a hard time and one that I talked to tonight where all he did was complain about the hard hand that life has dealt him and the horrible state of the world, even listening to his problems brings me down. Lets be Honest we all have issues and problems to face....I sound so cliche...Anyway, I am convinced the attitude we attack life with makes a differance! What can it hurt to remember and think of the positve and see the beauty in the world and chose to see the world as beautiful. My thoughts for the day, Thankyou...I'll be here all week!

4 comments:

AMiller said...

Thanks Crystal. That is a great reminder.

BriAnne said...

I love "The Secret!" So good! And happy belated! I didn't even know it was your birthday! And you will HAVE to tell me how you like that digital scrapbook software!! I would love to get something like that! Photoshop is fun...but I'm seriously struggling! haha!

Jamee said...

Happy BELATED birthday! I forgot that you are a June birthday like me! I knew there was a reason I liked you. I TOTALLY have to agree with you on your soapbox! I think we aren't supposed to fear anyway...if we are doing what is right, right? Isn't that what the scriptures say. Life is so good right now. And yes, we all have our own issues...I just think some of us have prepared a little better and have a better outlook. I sure miss being around you. How is work going?

Anonymous said...

Hey I was watching the Oprah show the other day and it wasn't about "The Secret" book but basically the same thing...after watching it I realized they were talking about a lot of things that we already know but they refer to the universe as "listening" to our thoughts and prayers rather then Heavenly Father. They just used different terminology so it was totally interesting...if you haven't seen it we should watch it at book club...i have it recorded. But I totally agree with you...focusing on the positive is always better :)