Thursday, January 22, 2009

Riley "BeAn" Dean Woods...2?


HaPpY BiRtHdAy to my independent, loving, strong willed, smart, hilarious...Now 2 year OlD. Oh my where has the time gone? It seems like not to long ago he needed me more than I had time to give now he acts like he is so big he hardly needs me at all. Except for the basics such as food, shelter, safety. But one things for sure I NEED this little man in my life. He has taught me more about love, patience, and understanding than I ever knew in my 24 years "pre" Riley. Now with a new baby on the way I hope that I am able to still give you all that you need and enjoy all of your milestones on this journey of life that we are living through you. I love you so much Ry Guy...Happy Birthday


One of the milestones in point....he is now climbing out of his CRIB!! I've dreaded this day....So last night I took Suppernannys advice and put him back in bed about oh 20 TIMES (calmly I might add)...then finally we tied his door handle to the bathroom door with a scarf and after about 45 min of crying this is what we found...notice he pulled the door stop off of the wall too.....What a big boy!!!!????




9 comments:

Nate and Britney said...

That is so sweet!! Happy Birthday Riley! I remember those days with Brookelyn and so I finally just broke down and bought her a toddler bed and she loved it. It is so hard to listen to them cry, but persistence pays off. Good luck!

Tara and David said...

Happy Birthday Ry Guy! I can't believe that he is already 2...crazy! Don't you love the crawling out of the crib, we lowered the railing so Shad wouldn't hurt himself and now it is not as fun, so he stays in most of the time. But i am looking for a twin mattress to put him in a big boy bed other wise known as the bed of freedom!

AMiller said...

You should ask Katrina about this great thing she bought to keep her little guy in his crib. Matthew used to fall asleep crying by his door all the time. It was kinda sad/sweet.

Michelle said...

Can't believe he's 2, seems like he was just entering nursery a few weeks ago! Good luck on the crib thing! I couldn't survive without locking my kids in their room at night! I'm such a good mom, huh! lol!

Jamee said...

Happy Birthday Riley...Jace's is tomorrow. We totally got Jace the toddler bed - well, changed the crib into a toddler bed and that seemed to help. He looks so cute though by the door....really sometimes these moments are priceless.

The Martinsen Family said...

I cannot believe he is 2 already. I hope all is well and that he had a Happy Birthday. We need to do something sometime we are up there or when you are down here. It has been a little while. We need to see you soon. Happy Birthday Ry-Guy.

Carrie said...

That sounds like my son! Except he wasn't in his crib until he was 2 cause we needed it for the new baby. So around 16 months, we put him in a big boy bed. He never got out of it!! But once he figured out that he COULD get out, then he was up alot. and I remember taking him to be many many times. We also started tying his door shut. Man, we must be mean parents! But you got to teach them somehow!
Congratulations on your next baby. I have to tell you that it is hard to divide your time up evenly between the kids. but it gets better as the baby gets older and isn't so dependant. Good luck!

stephanie said...

that's so funny... i finally put mason in a big boy bed cuz i was tired of dealing with the crib thing! good luck with that...

Amanda said...

How cute! I can't believe he is 2!! I hope he had a good birthday!!