Monday, December 3, 2007

To Empty or not to Empty...that is the question?

So my stance is that I DO NOT empty pants pockets when doing laundry! I figure it takes less time to empty them as you are getting undressed than for me to go through all of the pockets myself Right???? Well, althought this has been my stance ever since I have started to do our laundry for some reason my dear husband refuses to follow this simple rule and as a result I have washed many things......Aaron will quickly remind you of the time I once washed a whole notebook, spiral ring and all. I know, you are thinking how was that in a pocket, Well, that was actually on top of the dryer and had fallen in....So, again not my fault:) He,he. Okay, so case in point for this blog...This weekend I washed Aaron's cell phone! I am truly sorry although I quickly reminded him that I DO NOT empty pockets! His argument was that it really wasn't in the laudry basket yet it was just lying on top? The cell phone was starting to dry out and it looks like there is a chance it might work again! Lets hope so because we just got them a few months ago!!!!! SO do you empty pockets??? Am I a bad Wife???

14 comments:

Marta said...

Yeah...soo...I don't TOUCH Chris's dirty laundry. I don't have a clothes fairy to come wash my stuff, so why should he??!! haha Maybe you should suggest he start doing his own laundry to avoid the "unfortunate mistakes", and see how quickly he changes his tune! I'm sure he knows what side his bread is buttered on!! hahaha

martha corinna said...

Not very often. Maybe I should learn from your misfortune:)

Jamee said...

I NEVER check pockets...and some of the same things have happened. I always just tell him that if he doesn't want it washed empty them out! Husbands are so funny aren't they?

Frehner Family said...

I also never empty pockets. I am however, fortunate enough to have a husband who empties his own pockets. Now that's not to say his children do. Some of the things I've found at the bottom of my washer; money(!), crayons, rocks, gum and candy, pinecones,frogs(thank goodness they were plastic),lip gloss and of course tissues that are now shredded into a million pieces from the water...just to name a few. :)

julie and john said...

No way, I did the EXACT same thing a few weeks ago...but i washed both john's cell phone and wallet. i did feel bad, but i'm with you. I DO NOT empty pockets! Notice how we never was OUR phones....

julie and john said...

No way, I did the EXACT same thing a few weeks ago...but i washed both john's cell phone and wallet. i did feel bad, but i'm with you. I DO NOT empty pockets! Notice how we never was OUR phones....

julie and john said...

No way, I did the EXACT same thing a few weeks ago...but i washed both john's cell phone and wallet. i did feel bad, but i'm with you. I DO NOT empty pockets! Notice how we never was OUR phones....

julie and john said...

No way, I did the EXACT same thing a few weeks ago...but i washed both john's cell phone and wallet. i did feel bad, but i'm with you. I DO NOT empty pockets! Notice how we never was OUR phones....

Anonymous said...

I don't empty pockets either...and if socks are put in the laundry inside-out, that's how they're folded!! Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm lucky because my husband has never left anything like that in his pockets...that's more like something I would do :)
BTW, I'm done with the book if you want it, see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mindy said...

Lee's pockets No (he's a big boy) Jordan's pockets yes. You never know what you'll find in there;)

Elicia said...

You are NOT a bad wife - I don't check pockets or anything either... last week I washed one of EJ's pull-ups because I guess it was inside his pj pants when he took them off and put them in the hamper. Eww, gross, there were clumps of diaper type material on all our clothes!

Elicia said...

You are NOT a bad wife - I don't check pockets or anything either... last week I washed one of EJ's pull-ups because I guess it was inside his pj pants when he took them off and put them in the hamper. Eww, gross, there were clumps of diaper type material on all our clothes!