Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Mouse in Our House

So the other night Aaron and I came home to find that our back door had swung open in the strong winds (yet very rare for my neck of the woods! Right TM ladies?) , Well apparently we had not locked the door or even closed it well enough for that matter and anyway along with whatever else the wind blew in a little mouse decided to call our humble abode home for a cold fall night! Well this is no Ratatoue, and I have no warm fuzzy fillings about co-habitating with mice !!! Our dog Zoey was hot on the trail and finally after searching for alot longer than Aaron would have really wanted to we found the mouse behind our bedroom door! The thought of sleeping with a mouse lose in the house was so gross!!! Finally my prince charming found the dreaded mouse and shewed it out the door for me....We could rest easy and sleep well! Thanks My Hero

6 comments:

martha corinna said...

I once picked up a mouse and everyone around me flipped. I guess I wasn't born with the fear, sorry about your cohabitation.
The photos above are great.
Your talk was good too.

Crystal said...

M-I Wish I was like you! I am such a scardy cat when ot comes to rodents!! Thanks about the talk, Im glad its over and I should be good for a few years right?

Sara said...

That is too funny. At least you got it out that night.

Laurie said...

We've had our share of mice. I can't sleep till they're out of the house. I've stayed up all night waiting for one to come out from under the fridge. Wind and mice are the two sure things about Traverse Mountain.

Frehner Family said...

so glad to hear from you...we too have had a mouse in our house when we lived in S.L. City. At the time we had a cat who we thought would be an awesome mouse catcher...not so much!
Dinner looks great too! We just tried a new receipe where you cook a hamburger patty (we prefer jennio's turkey burgers) and you put it inside a quesadilla. The trick is to make sure it is a fried quesadilla. You can achieve this by treating it like a grilled cheese sandwich. Butter the outsides of the tortillas & fry in a pan with cheese, onion, whatever you like already inside. Corby saw it in a menu once and we tried it the other day and it turned out so good.

Crystal said...

Thanks for the recipe Amy, I will have to try this!!!!